Always a Booklover

The magic of books just enchants me. I love reading, what more can I say?

Booking Through Thursday: Character Or Plot? - [4]



Today's Booking Through Thursday asks:

What’s more important to you? Real, three-dimensional, fleshed-out fascinating characters? Or an amazing, page-turning plot?
(Yes, I know, they are both important. But if you had to pick one as being more important than the other?


Hmm, I'm gonna have to go with character. No matter how good the plot is, if the characters aren't likable and realistic, I simply will not enjoy the book as much as before. Take one example. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead was very well-written and I really loved the plot. BUT. I couldn't stand the main character, Rose. It seems like many people love her, so well, I guess its just me. In any case, because of her, I didn't like the book that much.

And besides, I really feel that the characters are the ones that make the story. I mean, they're the ones living the plot in the book, the ones whose innermost thoughts you're privy to. Through their thoughts and their actions will you then see the plot. For me to be fully immersed in the book, I must be able to feel like the character, whether I like that character or not. I just need to understand things from their viewpoint. In my opinion, without that, I will not be able to enjoy the book.

2 comments:

The characters are very important, but I have to say the amazing plot.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/booking-through-thursday_15.html

 

Characters are important, but I also feel that plot is just as important. Here is my BTT.

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Comments will make any blogger's day, so leave a comment! Be it good or bad, I want to hear it :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...